It’s official! Netflix has renewed The Umbrella Academy for Season 2!
- Netflix has renewed The Umbrella Academy for a second season.
- The cast set to reprise their roles include Ellen Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, and Justin Min. Additional casting news for season two will be announced at a later date.
- Steve Blackman (Fargo, Altered Carbon) will return as Showrunner and Executive Producer.
- Executive Producers also set to return alongside Blackman include Jeff F. King (EP), Mike Richardson (EP), Keith Goldberg (EP), Gerard Way (Co-EP), and Gabriel Bá (Co-EP).
- The season two order includes 10 one-hour episodes and will be produced by UCP (Universal Content Productions) for Netflix.
- Production will begin this summer in Toronto, Canada.
About The Umbrella Academy S1:
On the same day in 1989, forty-three infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before. Seven are adopted by a billionaire who creates The Umbrella Academy and prepares his “children” to save the world. Now, the six surviving members reunite upon the news of their father’s passing and must work together to solve a mystery surrounding his death. But the estranged family begins to come apart due to their divergent personalities and abilities, not to mention the imminent threat of a global apocalypse. The Umbrella Academy is based on the comic book series created and written by Gerard Way, illustrated by Gabriel Bá, and published by Dark Horse Comics. The show is produced by UCP for Netflix, with Steve Blackman serving as executive producer and showrunner, and additional EPs Jeff F. King, Mike Richardson, Keith Goldberg, Gerard Way, and Gabriel Bá.